Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Deeee-l.icio.us World?

So today I ran out to Subway to get my standard "I only have $4 left" lunch. Pulling back into the parking lot, I hear a commercial for HD radio that the manufacturers are putting a "Tag" button on them. If a listener likes the song that he or she is listening to, he or she can simply click this "tag" and it will send the information to your iPod. (iPods of course can dock into the HD receiver.) So now when you next log into iTunes, you can go right to that song or songs.
Of course, as soon as I heard that, I thought of del.icou.us. I remember at first how I thought that it was a waste of my time. I had favorites on every one of my computers, and I was very happy with that feature. As my del.ico.us bookmarks grew, I found myself using them more and more. I then found myself building and adding to them. I then found myself starting categories within my tags. Wow... I can't believe I have been converted.
I have to wonder (yet again) about the future, and this is for once outside of our schools. If you are watching TV and you see a new food, toy, DVD etc and you want it, would you simply be able to 'tag' it? Would you then be able to go to the mall (or better yet how about an online mall)where all of your selections would be ready for you? Would a list of vendors show you pricing and availability options in an effort to gain your business? Unreal! I can only imagine the possibilities. Do I want that? I honestly don't know... you do want people to actually "do" work and not be lazy.. but it certainly would be COOL!

No comments: