Sunday, May 25, 2008

Summer - So Close and Yet So Far!



This weekend is Memorial Day. It conjures up images of parades, barbeques (most definitely), family and friends, warmer days, and most importantly, the near arrival of summer.

Today we will BBQ (although I've been grillin for a few weeks now - any excuse to fire it up). Tomorrow is the parade, and we have been going the past few years to make it. If I look at the calendar, I have five weeks left. Wow, does it feel weird to say that. Our class has been through so many challenges this year, and of course the barrage of state testing that is given to the fourth grade.

Now, I sit here with my mind on the 'summer fun', but I still have much to do, and I cannot run late. I have a health unit to finish, a poetry unit, finish a book that we are reading, a science unit, two field trips, and don't even mention the end of the year wrap up stuff. It will get done, as it gets done every year, but it can be a daunting task at times.

What's in store for me this summer? I will start out working on the district's Science curriculum, and I have 2 summer sessions of school as well. I would like to do some traveling with the family, and we are planning on doing a minor facelift of our kitchen as well (ourselves). I am finishing up the upstairs house projects, and I would like to enjoy my car hobby as well.

Two months sounds like a good deal of time, but before you know it, it is mid August and you are back in your classroom getting ready for another group of minds and hearts to challenge and embrace. It never gets old. It never gets boring, and it never stays the same. We are dynamic as we want to be, but to remain 100% the same is almost impossible.

No comments: