Saturday, November 10, 2007

Deeper into Flash on a Saturday

So this morning I got out of bed even earlier than I usually do on a Saturday. I had a workshop at Long Island University CW Post on Flash basics. It was given by Faye Lourenso. She was excellent! The pace was perfect, and instruction was clear. I have used Flash before (Flash 5 WAYYY back in the day), and although I enjoy figuring out software applications by myself, Flash is cumbersome and frustrating at times. I made a short movie back in the day as well, but it was simple and took me quite some time stumbling along the way. I would have liked to get into Flash navigations and more action script usage, but unfortunately I was not able to stay for the second workshop that no doubt digs a bit deeper. I think now that I have a decent base I can just play and find my way around decently. If I get frustrated, it is easy to reach out.

Here is one of the two files that I was able to create. Although I still think that it is cumbersome at times, I will make an effort to incorporate it or at least use it as an option for my work.






I know it's silly, but it's just a practice. Thanks also to Noel, Frank and Karen for keeping it light and fun in the room. It sure is nice to have friends in T.E.A.M. Sharon and Tammy were there too!

3 comments:

Karen Kliegman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

Even though it's just practice, it's much more fun than the one I created!

Suzy Q said...

Loved your flashy! Thanks for keepin your blog real!